Top Ten Tuesday
hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book
10. Daniel Defoe – anyone who has read Roxana knows that ending was bullocks. Would love to see what Defoe would have written without the influence of his society.
9. Markus Zusak – have you read The Book Thief? Because you need to. Seriously.
8. Margaret Atwood – I’m sure it’s on its way, but my goodness am I anxious for the next part in the MaddAdams series!
7. Suzanne Collins – okay, Mockingjay only came out a year ago. But it was a long year ago.
6. O. R. Melling – she wrote the first faery novels I ever read. Bonus: she’s Canadian!
5. Naoko Takeuchi – more Sailor Moon? More Mamoru/Usagi? YES PLEASE!
4. Diana Wynne Jones – she was a master of fantasy. I am never disappointed when I read one of her novels and there is always something memorable about them.
3. Robert Jordan – I always had a feeling he would pass before he finished his amazing series, The Wheel of Time. I just wish I had been wrong.
2. Jane Austen – I mean, come on. Who wouldn’t want another Jane Austen book?
1. J.K. Rowling – bonus points if it’s set in the Harry Potter world!