Top Ten Fictional Crushes (in books, television, and movies!)
hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
10. Legolas (Lord of the Rings movie trilogy) – my first fangirl obsession. I was disappointed to discover he is practically non-existent in the books, but Orlando Bloom in a blonde wig and blue contact lenses will always have a special place in my heart.
9. Oliver Wood (Harry Potter) – the moment I saw Sean Biggerstaff my eleven year old heart was a goner. That accent! That smile! And as I grew older I came to appreciate his single-mindedness, commitment, and how excellent he looks in a sweater.
8. Chad Dylan Cooper (Sonny with a Chance) – I can’t help it. I have a thing for the seemingly arrogant guy who is secretly quite sensitive and sweet. Plus, he has sparkly eyes.
7. Barney Stinson (How I met your mother) – Remember that arrogant covering sweetness thing? Barney Stinson is basically CDC all grown up with some added nerdy quirks (laser tag anyone? Hell yes count me in!)
6. Hatter (SyFy’s Alice) – I don’t even know where to start. Hatter is smart and sexy and hilarious and sexy and brave and SEXY. AND SO FREAKING SEXY.
5. Kyouya (Ouran High School Host Club – anime, manga, and liveaction) – I have a thing for smart, evil guys or something. I don’t know. I’m not really going to be all that articulate for the rest of this post.
4. The Doctor (Doctor Who) – Especially the ninth and the tenth. I mean the eleventh is cool, but he’s just not my Doctor. Also, his grin and his expressions and his way of talking and his everything okay. His everything.
3. Prince Kai (Cinder: The Lunar Chronicles) – Prince Kai is my future husband. True story. I have this thing for sarcastic guys who are sensitive and gorgeous and sweet and gorgeous.
2. Sherlock Holmes (BBC’s Sherlock) – Smart is the new sexy and Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes is smart and sexy so that means he’s double the sexy. Plus, he’s basically uninterested in sex and man do I love a good challenge.
1. Chiba Mamoru/Prince Endymion (Sailor Moon-manga and anime) – I guess this is actually the one who started it all though I’m not sure my six/seven year old self realised it. Arrogant and sweet and sexy and smart plus he has a secret past! Oh la la!