This is a twice a week feature (Wednesdays and Fridays) where Christa of Hooked on Books and myself will be watching and discussing all of the reboot of Doctor Who. Posts will contain spoilers for that episode and ones before it, so you may want to watch the episode before reading. I hope you’ll join us in enjoying this fantastic show, and don’t forget to check out Christa’s post (with past posts over here) as well! Allons-y!
Army of Ghosts by Russell T. Davies
When Rose and the Doctor return to present day Earth so that Rose can spend some time with her mum (and get her laundry done!), they discover that “ghosts” now roam the Earth with a little help from the mysterious Torchwood.
Guys, I can’t explain to you how scared I was to watch this episode because it means the next episode is Doomsday and I CAN’T EVEN DEAL with Doomsday because sometimes I will forget Doomsday exists and then I’ll remember again and I WILL CRY BECAUSE EVERYTHING HURTS AND NOTHING WILL EVER BE OKAY EVER AGAIN. But I watched it. For you, followers. For you. And yes, when the Doctor got near that wall my heart constricted into a tiny ball as if that would help save it from the FEELS, but no. NOTHING CAN SAVE IT FROM THE FEELS.
Coherency so isn’t going to be a thing I’ll be able to manage these next two episodes. Have some bullet points I wrote while watching:
- Marth Jones!
- Jackie scared by changes in Rose — dehumanization
- first time the Doctor says “Allons-y” (every time he says it is like a connection to Rose)
- Jackie just making herself at home in the TARDIS
- Yvonne Hartman is kind of cool
- I love that she [Rose] knows what he’s thinking
- who are the Eternals?
- THE WALL ;A;
- Rose on her own!
- Mickey!!! How’d he get into Torchwood? Suddenly qualified…
- the Doctor killed Martha(‘s cousin)
- homage to the Tomb of Cybermen [when they rip open the plastic]
- from bad…to worse
“It’s not the first time he’s been wrong.” – Mickey
GUYS I CAN’T DEAL WITH HAVING TO WATCH DOOMSDAY NEXT. SOMEBODY HOLD ME