Top Ten Book to Read on a Deserted Island
hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
10. Clarissa by Samuel Richardson
As one of the longest novels ever written, I figure it would keep me entertained for awhile, and if nothing else I would have a fire starter for awhile…
9. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Because there have got to be some survival tips in there…
8. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Because I can’t imagine never being able to read it again.
7. The Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling
Because I already started it and I need to finish it.
6. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Because I promised myself that I would read it, so read it I will.
5. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Prince Kai. A great story. Reminder of friends.
4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Because who better to keep me company than St. Clair? But really, this book also would help connect me to memories of family and friends.
3. Japanese-English dictionary
Because I have some time on my hands, so I might as well learn another language…
2. some sort of “how to survive for dummies” book
Because… otherwise I would die.
1. Harry Potter and the Philsopher’s Stone by J. K. Rowling
I specifically would want my copy so that I would not only have the story it holds, but the memories that come attached with it. This is the book that would give me the hope to carry on.
What about you? What is your must have book?