Today I’m participating in Dewey’s Read-a-Thon. While I’ll need to take a break for family birthday purposes (happy 23rd birthday to me!), I’m hoping to spend the majority of my time reading. Here’s my list:
Crown of Embers by Rae Carson Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs Scarlet by Marissa Meyer Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol 3 by Naoko Takeuchi
- Starling by Lesley Livingston
- Lexapros and Cons by Aaron Karo
- Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol 4 by Naoko Takeuchi
- Gods Misbehaving by Marie Phillips (audiobook)
Good luck to everyone participating! May the books be ever in your favour!
Hour 1: Introductory Questionnaire
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Starling by Lesley Livingston (though Scarlet by Marissa Meyer is a close second and only a second because I’ve read it before.)
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
No snacks planned because I fail like that.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I am a professional fangirl, or would be if such a job existed.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I’ve participated in previous readathons, but this is the first time I’m going to try to do some of the challenges. I’m hoping it will help me feel more connected to the book blogging fandom 🙂
This hour… I finished Crown of Embers by Rae Carson (5/5 stars), and I began reading Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs (91/328 pages).
Hour 2: still reading Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs (205/328 pages).
Hour 3: C25K workout & began Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Phillips on audiobook (pt1 of 8)
Hour 4: snack of chocolate covered peanuts; Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Phillips (pt 2 of 8) & Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs (258/328 pages)
Hour 5: lunch (pizza); finished Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs (2/5 stars) and started Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (50/454 pages).
Hour 6: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (161/454 pages)
Hour 7: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (287/454 pages)
Hour 8: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (420/454 pages)
Final Update: I had a lot of fun this read-a-thon! I managed to finish four books and start two others. Next time I hope to be able to read the full time without any other commitments!